Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012



November 19, 2012
Well. I discovered when the real date of thanksgiving was. We celebrated it
a week early or something. oops. But hey, no complaints.

Actually not a whole lot to report this week, other then our super
fantastic zone conference and activity! But other then that, it only
appears like we did a lot... or maybe we did? I think we did. It was a lot
of walking.

It was our Jylland Thanksgiving Zone Activity! It took up the whole day and
it included a Turkey bowl, Thanksgiving dinner and Talent Show!
First was the Turkey Bowl with the entire zone. Ah! Good old American
Football. The downside? The field we intended to play on was wet and very
muddy. We quickly found the difficulty in running anywhere on the Field
because of the condition of the terrain. You had to dig in to get traction,
getting shoes extremely muddy. It felt like a tiptoe game we were playing,
trying not to slip and fall. You could tell where people had tried to stop
because there would be mud skids in the dirt for several feet. Many slides
and falling catches left people with massive mud stains. I didn't get
anything too massive, which in a weird sense was disappointing. My shoes
got it pretty bad. And of all the days, I forget to bring my church
shoes... Glad my other ones were somewhat black. After we'd finished and
cleaned up, we had a good old fashioned Thanksgiving dinner, with all the
works. Turkey, potato's, ham, stuffing, gravy, rolls and pumpkin pie made
by the mission presidents wife.
Next up was the Talent show! I did a solo act of juggling and telling
jokes. It got some good laughs and I think everybody was impressed when I
started juggling 5. I'll show you the trick to it one day. Then Ældste
Dunshee and I did a karaoke of Taylor Swifts ''Love Song'' except we did a
pardoy of it changing the words to ''Dåb(babtism) story'' That went great!
We looked pretty slick too. Elder Dunshee gets credit for that.

I have to tell you about one of the new elders in the mission. His name is
Ældste Crank, and he is a native American Navajo Indian. He apparently can
speak Navajo and I heard him speak it. He said he's been learning it for 12
years and almost has it down. You thought your languages were hard? I don't
think any of ours holds a candle to what I heard him speaking.

Our mission president then expounded upon something super incredible. He
emphasized that the Lord is hastening his work, and he's hastening it NOW.
Elder Bednar of the Twelve, said to the missionaries in the MTC, (I heard
this from one of the new greenies) that there are many speculations and
guesses at why the age limit was dropped. But the simple reason is that the
Lord needs to hasten his work .With all the publicity that the church got
from the presidential election, that is more evidence that things are
hastening. Our mission president then gave us the scripture D&C 88:73. I'll
let you look that up yourself. ;-) But that scripture is being fulfilled
right now before our eyes. Its an exciting time to be serving a mission and
I'm glad to be apart of it.

The work progresses! No unhallowed hand can stop the work! (unhallowed. I
like that word.)
Bestest wishes from Denmark!
Ældste Tyler Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment