Monday, January 7, 2013

Copenhagen Denmark LDS Temple


Well, I'm in Amager now, and the adjustment is coming along like a fish
developing legs. It is literally a black and white difference of area then
Skive was. Going from a small country town to the hardcore, central
København city! I almost can't belive it! A ton more people to work with.
I'm excited, that is, if I can focus long enough on the goal at hand. Since
coming out here I've been very distracted with all the noise and people. I
can barely focus enough to write in my journal or let my creative juices
flow. Adjusting to city life so to say. The Amager apartment is SO small
compared to the Skive one. Skives was literally 3+ times bigger. Some
serious adjusting... :-) But hey, New Year, New Area, New Start.

Speaking of a new start, on Lørdag (Saturday) I had the oppertunity to
visit the Copenhagen Temple for my first time! They were having a
leadership training and after they all went to the temple with the mission
president, and so us other elders just sorta tagged along.That was a super
cool experience. The Copenhagen temple is really unique! Probably one of my
favorite temples. Its super close to our area (Like 30 mins of travel,
tops.) and so I may go more in the future. But I really liked what Dad said
on Skype. Its best to do work for the living, not the dead. But anyway that
was a great way to start the new area. To gain extra spiritual strength. I
appreciate the temple more each time I get to go. It really helps calm my
mind.

My new companion is a guy from Richfeild named Ældste Singleton. Where my
last two compaions have been almost black and white personalitys, Æ.
Singleton is extreamly like me. I can surely say I have never in my entire
LIFE met another person who has read as many of the same books as I have.
We literally spent HOURS talking about book series we've read. Even tons of
the way obsure ones. He favorite author, Brandon Sanderson. Nuff
said. There have been very long random convestations and I enjoy listening
to him, as he is very opinionated and has long fascinating explianions on
things. It will be a great companionship! And he is very dedicated to being
a better missionary on the spiritual level, and so I'm glad to have a
companion like that.

The past few days have mostly been getting the feel for the landscape. We
did some stop bys and lots of walking the first days. Wow, I was tired at
the end of that first day. It is a serious change of pace of the work in
this area. My body isn't used to that pace. Coming home tired makes me
happy. It makes me feel accomplished. I also got to go out with Æ.
Peterson on splits as they were having a leadership training. He
is an elder that can move!

Sunday was a super great start. Being fast sunday we were able to gain
extra strength and blessings from the Lord. After church, we went out
knocking and had some great success! Several very positive people to come
back to! Æ. Singleton said it was one of the most positive days he's had on
Amager! Our focus for the next several weeks will likely be towards finding
and building up a investigator pool. Lots of knocking. Lots of working with
the branch. etc. Wow. I could talk about the branch. The congregation was
twice as big and 3 times as energetic! Having several young couples  and
little kids in the branch will do that. I forget how loud little children
are. But man they are so cute!

Hmm... But other then using candles to light our apartment in a hygge way
 I think I'm doing ok. Adjusting well, getting to know the land, trying not
to get distracted by random random wisps of thoughts.
The work here is different, so I hope I'm up to it!
Anyway har et godt uge!
Ældste Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment