Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013



Hej!

Busy busy week in Ballerup!  Transfers once again kick off once again, but
thankfully I'm keeping my feet planted. I'm with Æ. Berry now whose only one
group ahead of me, and we basically ended up taking the work of two areas and
combining it into one. It leaves for a particularly full week. Kinda like
doubling the amount of work. I sorta feel greedy because suddenly we have
lots of good things all to ourselves and have anything to share, except
spiritual experiences.  That and we've got 2 baptisms lined up for this
Saturday. Two young girls of a previously less active mother. (now active
:)) It'll be a good day.

We actually taught them the last two commandments this week and I think it
went ok. They understood the Word of Wisdom fine, and the pictures we made
helped. Law of Chasity went... alright... as well as it could have I
guess.  I've taught the law of Chasity less then a handful of times on my
mission and on top of that we needed to tailor it to a 11 and 9 year old...
Can't exactly start using big grown up language if you get what I mean. We
sorta struggled past the language barrier, but thankfully the member helped
us teach in a very clear manner so it ended up going well. We talked with
them on Søndag and it seems like the mom is really excited. They liked
seeing the Dåb program. Also in church, the primary went up to sing a song
and one of the girls went up and sang as well! So integration into the
church I think is going great.

There were actually lots of really good things that happened to us this
week. Tirsdag was a particular jump. We found 2 new investigators, Æ.
McDonnell and I and I feel like one of them has huge potential. There is
actually an interesting story about how we caught him at home. Definitely a
guided by the Lord experience.So we had an appointment to meet with a less
active, but sadly she forgot and burned us. So with some extra time on our
hands we stopped by some people in the area. One of them is a young guy and
has never been home. But lo and behold this time he was! He let us right in
and we talked a little bit. According to him has read about half the book
of Mormon since we last gave it to him about 2 months ago! He said he
didn't understand the ''bible'' language so much, but the fact he presses
on is a inspiration to me! We went through a first lesson and gave a soft
dåb invite and he said yes! His potential is there. Now all we need is to
continue to meet these people. We've been getting much better at setting
another appointments at the end of the lesson and its been paying off. Often
it sets up our next week for us. He was sick sadly for our next appointment,
but he texted us and told us so at least he has us in mind.

Here's another neat experience. We were on the train down to the office to
drop off the District Leader binder and randomly on the S Tog, a man asked
us if we were the missionary s. We said yea, and soon started up a
conversation about how he'd been to church about 4 years ago and had been
taught by the missionary s. He really seemed to like us and so we traded
numbers and he said once he moved into his new apartment, (Which we offered
to help move) we could meet up! People are coming out of nowhere! Its
really exciting.

One of the biggest final notes of this week was our appointment with one of
our new progressing friends. (still not sure on the last name... :p) After
konfirmering the appointment the night before, we showed up, sat down,
talked a little bit, and started teach Frelseplanen. Only got about halfway
when the conversation started turning toward Faith. He was really open and
said he had a quote. He told us not to think he was unserious or anything
and then brought up a Winne the Pooh quote, how Pooh Bear says ''Something
will show.'' and we all sorta expounded upon that. (Love Winnie the Pooh.
Couldn't be more inspirational to bring that up!) Our member present was so
great in bearing testimony all the time and I was really happy to add my
testimony to his about the church. I'm very glad Æ. Berry and I were
working as a team because he remembered to ask for a return appointment, and
I remembered to invite him to baptism. His schedule was very tied up next
week sadly, but he'll be coming to church, (maybe with his son) and I'll
make sure to follow up a day or two before! So that's looking good.

On Lørdag, Æ. Berry and I did some service for some members, who are
moving. It was such a weird change of pace. We Americans are just like
''Ok! Get the big moving van! Throw it all in! Lets move!'' but these Danes
were just way casual. We showed up and a lot of stuff just wasn't quite
packed yet. But regardless, I think it helped build member relations. Then
later we went and helped another member who asked us to help clean us after
a wedding reception. That was actually sorta fun getting cake, but our help
really wasn't needed. Thats the second wedding reception this month we've
been invited to as the missionarys to help with. Everyone just seems to be
jumping that boat. But regardless it's a win for the eternal marriage!

In my own personal growth and spiritual thoughts this week, I've been
studying about love, and how I can apply it better in my life. An
interesting thought also occurred to me the other day in church. We were
sitting there in Elders Quorum and the teacher asked us to share how
certain aspects of the gospel bless our lives. So Æ. Berry and I start
talking and as we talked a interesting thought was said. When we pray, the
Lord ALWAYS answers our prayers, but usually never in the way we expect.
Always in a better way. Often through other experiences. I feel there are
some answers that won't come to you on your knees. The answer might come
from a friend, from a scripture or even another experience. I love the
thought that answers to prays will come though EXPERIENCES. Couldn't give
an example but the thought intrigues me. Prayer is still the most
important, and we must ask in order to receive. But the timing and way are
always calculated to bless the most. So thats a super interesting thought to
me.

The companionship is going just great. I've basically known Æ. Berry since
the start of my mission while he was in Randers. The apartment feels a
little empty but I think that helps us focus on doing some things. Not
letting hygge conversations distract us. I can almost feel as I tighten my
routine into greater obedience, (for that is my goal.) I can feel all the
gunk, fatigue or the spiritual influence interference being un-clogged and
cleared out. Its a refreshing feeling and helps my mind feel clean and
clear. Truly a manifestation of the blessings from the Lord with
obedience. I'm excited to hear all the news going on in the mission. Things
are really getting rolling now. I'm excited to see how it all unfolds. :)

Speaking of unfolding, our mission is beginning to see great blessings
throughout the land.  There are 23 baptismal dates and 9 of them are in
the month of April! This is the highest its been as far back as anyone can
remember! (Except probably when they baptized people by the boatloads here
in the 1800's...) As my mission President quoted, *''This is just a
beginning of what the Lord has in store as He hastens His work. This is
truly His work and no unhallowed hand will stop it.''*¨ The Danish mission
is gearing up and rolling the ball. Better watch out you South American
Missions. The 2nd Harvest is here.

Thanks for all you do and your constant support and guidance

and testimony! MVH? Ældste T. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment