Thursday, June 14, 2012
















Hej der dyr offering!

Trust me, it's a term of endearment. ;)

It's getting exciting here at the MTC for us, because we've literally hit
the 3-4 day mark till we are out of here. It's really taken long enough, and
my heart goes out to those missionaries who are stuck here for 12 weeks,
instead of 9, like us. I know Russian is a 12 week language, but I think I
could spend 12 weeks learning that. Sounds fun. I think I'd just love to
learn ANY language at this point, they are all so cool! I'm totally loving
Danish! Long way to go though!

So, we got our travel schedules, and we're pretty fortunate I think. We
leave salt lake, and go to JFK, in new York, followed by a 2-3 hour
layover, then on to Denmark. Total: a lot of hours on the plane. The Dutch
Elders next to us have a one way flight to the Netherlands. 14 hours, give
or take. I'm glad we have that layover at least.

Though I am more than ready to get out of the MTC, as I reflect, in a weird
sort of way, I think I'm going to miss it. A sort of, nostalgic kind of
feeling. Kind of like my job last summer. It was hard, and not always fun,
but looking back, it was a unique experience for me, and I cherish the
memory. I think I'll miss Gym some of the most because of all the good
times I had talking to the other elders I ran with. I got to be fairly good
friends with them. Once again, nostalgic kinda thing. The MTC is a wonderful
place.

MAIL TIME. So, I'm getting out of here pretty quick and its crazy fun, but
a little stressful wrapping up. Speaking of mail, I wouldn't send me anymore
at this point, (except mom, you can go ahead and send those SD cards.) and
the reason behind this is I might not be here, and your mail will end up
getting sent back. Until I can give you my address in Copenhagen, just hold
onto those letters. You can e-mail me instead til then. Thanks!

Yesterday, I sewed my shirt pocket. Sewing is a very valuable skill in the
mission field, and even if you THINK you know how to do it, make sure
you've MASTERED it by the time you leave. Get good practice at maintain
shirts and stuff. They really are very important skills, and I'd recommend
doing it to the point you feel confident in it. I fixed mine up pretty
good, and I think it'll hold, but it was kinda a rough job. Oh well.

Random mini thoughts.
Missionaries can go a little nuts here. So in the evenings we sometimes play
little games. It's hilarious how into those small little games of, "pass the
ball around", we get.
I've got pen fever. It's a little known thing around here. Missionaries get
into pens. We sometimes talk about what kinds of pens we have, what tips
they are, how small, or what kind of ink they have. We talk about PENS.
When you've got one in your hand for a good majority of the day, I guess
that happens. I actually got a callous on my finger right were my pen
rests. Thats a lot of writing.
The usual protesters that we see on our usual Sunday temple walks weren't
there this week. I wonder why? Maybe they've given up? That would sure be
nice.
I'm getting very close to finishing Jesus the Christ. That book is nothing
short of DIVINE. I have never understood MY Savior as well as I do now, at
least in his physical ministry. Well, you look at it, it's always much more
than just 'physical', so....

Last thing.
 My thoughts are this. Don't any of you do ANYTHING that you will end up regretting. I'm seeing far too many missionaries with issues like that. It scares me bad. I absolutely testify that wickedness NEVER was happiness. You will be far far far more happy if you follow God's commandment the FIRST time. The guilt and anguish they go through it heartbreaking, and the joy is so full when they repent. I understand the incredible joyfulness of the story of the prodigal son. They have returned! It is a wonderful feeling!

Anyway, that all for this week. I'm out of time. I love you all! Jag elske
dig!
Next time I write, it'll be in the mission field! I'll let you know
everything!

P.S. Happy Fathers Day Dad! I'll send you a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment