Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012



 Hello! Hej! Godt dag!
Busy week with the many people we meet. Many miles we walk.

This week we had a branch movie night. That was really great to build up
the ward. They watched 'The other side of heaven' but me and my companion
couldn't stay because no less active or investigator had come. Rats. We
were able to go afterwards to the snacking time, where we ate fløeboller,
(chocolate covered marshmallow cream things. DELICOUS) and hung out with the
members. It was a great!

The work progresses slowly in Skive. Our investigators are hard to meet
with and our less actives even more. We did have a fantastic Zone Training
this week. I love those meetings so much, because they refocus your work
for the week. It's a great blessing and if you take the right notes, a
powerful learning experience. And my mission president grows in my eyes. He
is an incredible man of god. He has a astounding testimony of the Atonement
and of The Son. As he bore his testimony of it, the Sprit in the room was
incredibly powerful and there was nothing you could say that could deny it.
It spoke absolute truth.

Random story for the week. Me and my companion were walking down a small
walkway, and right to my left was this black cat. As my companion walked by
him, I looked at the cat and said ''I dare you to cross my path cat.'' No
sooner had I said that then right in front of me, this black cat walked
right across my path. oops. Good thing I'm not superstitious.

Oh. And the bus system is super cool lately. I feel cool just riding them.
The picture says why.

Study for the week was the will of the Lord. All things according to his
will. We need to sync our will with His. How do we do that? Several ways.
Start at 3rd Nephi 5:13-14. Exercises greater faith in Christ. All things
according to the will of God. All things asked in the Spirit are the will of
God. (D&C46:30)  There is great faith required in doing these things. They
can be also formed through scripture study, frequent prayer and fasting, and
also priesthood blessings. And do all these actions in the name of Jesus
Christ, the Son of God, who has Atoned for our sins, so we can be free
from them and our weaknesses. Obedience is the Key to bringing your will to
Gods.

That's my tidbit for the week! Yes I am still alive. And just so you all
know, it rains a LOT here. It's sunny and it still rains. Go figure.

;-) Ældste Tyler Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment