Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 3, 2012



Hej!
...
Kinda a bland greeting, isn't it?
But no problem! It's the thought that counts right? Mmm... Nope not when
work is involved. Like taking out the trash. If you just use a though, then
nothing really is accomplished. But ya know whatever. Sometimes the thought
does count. I'm rambling in circles.

Where to begin? This week was pretty slow in regards to work. It just was
an off week. We tried knocking some towns in the middle of nowhere and they
were super negative. Like we weren't even able to teach them lessons on the
doorstep.
Most of our investigators were either sick, or couldn't meet. The ones we
did meet up with, we had sorta... unfocused lessons. One of the people we
taught asked if we wanted some pizzas to eat while we were there. uh... no
need to go out of your way to do that... But anyway, cool. Where does to
line come where being a jerk by turning somebody down becomes necessary?

There was this kinda funny event. We were buying some food, and the server
guy started talking to us. He identified us as religious, and asked us what
we were. Christian? Protestant? I told him were Mormon. His response was
curious. ''Oh yeah, we're Mormon too.'' Um... Yea, sure, I don't know if
you quite understand what I mean... but sure we both believe in Christ.
Maybe next time, we can talk about it.

Danish is improving! Yay! I can follow most conversations if I focus, but
it's still lots of hard work. More language study!

We knocked a middle of nowhere town again. Two this time actually. Knocking
in small towns = super less effective. The most non positive I've seen on my
mission. They weren't exactly negative, but nobody listened to us at all.
Rats. Lots of farmland out there. Oh and I saw the BIGGEST DOG EVER. Easily
up to my chest in size. The bark freaked us out bad. Domesticated dogs are
ok, but those farm ones.... uhugglie.

Not a whole lot this week. Or time either. But that ok. Work goes forward.

Read about the Nephite wars this week. There is some aspects of Spiritual
gold in there. Alma 57:21? Fantastic. I'll let you look it up. About the
stripling warriors. Yes. I hope I remembered that scripture right.

Ældste Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment