Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013







Hej ho!
This week had a lot of success and in the middle status stuff. Whatever
that means.

Tirsdag was one of the highlight days. We were able to meet with a man who
had been found on splits. He was extremely open to our message of the
restoration and the spirit was there testifying of truth. He had lots of
great questions and just an ideal teaching situation. He specifically told us
that he'd been to other churches but said that they had an empty feeling to
them. (Makes sense eh?) So he really can notice the spirit in it. Oddly, he
didn't want to meet again right after our appointment (Like in the next
week) but asked for a month. Æ. Singleton talked him down to 2 weeks. He's
just one of those positive people that we hope we don't lose and fall
through the cracks because of lack of contact.
We were able to meet with our næsten baptismal date. (We've been actually
spelling their name wrong the entire time we found out this week.) We
finished up dealing some of the commandments, so he's technically all
covered in that. Still in his kinda 2nd thoughts stage but when we meet
with him in this upcoming week on fridag, I think we'll be able to tie up
loose ends and re-set the date, this time much sooner.

Mission Conference... Wow, that was cool. It's really fantastic that I know
almost all of the missionaries there, all like old friends. Small missions
are fun because we know everybody. It's also super fascinating to see the
politics of it. Small town mindset according to Æ. Singleton. But anyway.
Elder Kearon was also great to see and listen to.  There were many themes
that I thought very interesting and I hope that somewhere in my notes that I
can re-read and re-gleam some additional revelation. I enjoyed his theme
about being happy. Thats something that really impresses on me because
thats something I really enjoy being. Happy! I enjoy spreading happiness to
the world. So his encouragement to be happy and ways to be it and why and
how it will affect you in day to day mission work and contacting was great
to hear. If there is one thing I know I can do, it's be happy with a smile
on my face as I go finding day to day. Make people wonder, ''why are
they so happy?''  Another thing that also impressed me is how well he
remembers some of the missionaries that he's worked with. There was the one
missionary that exercised the incredible faith and asked him to give them
a street name and they would get a baptism. Then they made a goal to double
the branch size, and both of those goals were fulfilled. Æ. Kearon could
remember that Elders full name with striking accuracy. I was moved and in
my heart, it ached as I wanted to be that missionary one day to a branch or
ward like that. Oddly that has been on my mind a LOT lately. Moving my
actions from a ordinary missionary to an extraordinary missionary. Be someone
who drastically changes the branch or ward for the better, whether that is
through getting members active in mission work or baptizing a jillion
people or just being someone who cares. Thats the someone I want to be now.
Make a difference or impression in someone's life. I know what I want to be.
Now I just need to make a plan to get there. I also very much
enjoyed Sister Sedarholm's talk about people who we never seem to see again
or who never seem to go anywhere. To bear ones testimony and have the
spirit leave a spiritual footprint on their heart. When someone feels the
spirit, I don't think they ever truly forget it. To think that we are still
making a difference in lives, even if they reject or are uninterested later.
That the spirit is not being wasted on people. Just gotta bear testimony
frequently and with conviction to bring in the spirit where ever we go.

Ok, so just a few odd little stories I ran into this week. A ladies plastic
bag got caught in the metro door one evening. The metro had freaked out so
it wasn't leaving and people were trying to pry to door open so it would
all resume. After we went to help, the problem was solved as the system
reset itself. *phew*! We currently have an super incredible investigator
right now, who's having problems reading the book of Mormon. Why you might
ask? Because he keeps giving his copy to other friends who really needs it.
The man is doing better member missionary work and he's not even a member!
He also literally knows everyone and we've been trying to get referrals out
of him, but he talks way fast, and I think breaths though his nose so he
doesn't need to stop for breath, so it's impossible to jump in and ask. As I
walked away from the appointment, my head was spinning with thousand mile an
hour Danish and took several minutes to slow down again. So weird.
Oh and our næsten baptismal date served us some hot chocolate at our
appointment. I don't think Danes really know how to make it though, because
all it was a chocolate bar melted into a cup. You could still feel the
chunks in your mouth and turned your teeth brown. Liquefied Hershey bar.
Nice. It's the thought that counts though.

So anyway, for the most part that was this week for me and its impressions.
I hope to exercise some greater faith and help the spirit knock somebody's
socks off. (In a good way of course.)  Exercise faith as power and change
what is.
Bestest wishes from Amager!
Æ. T. Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment