Tuesday, February 26, 2013






Hej ho!

Transfers kicked off this week which lead to lots of scrambling and long
train rides. Luckily for me, I only needed to skip across to the Ballerup
area which is on the other side of København so it wasn't so far. My new
companion is named Æ. McDonnell and he comes from the Washington state
area. Kinda quite but rarely takes Nej Tak for an answer. And the more I
learn about him, the more I'm pretty sure he's done everything. He was an
extra in the first twilight movie, made a CD in a band with his friends,
did half a dozen sports in high school and cooks incredible food. (He made
homemade tortillas yesterday. And homemade pizza. Woot.) The other fun thing
is in our apartment, we have 2 other Elders with us. Its E. Berry who I was
pals with when he was in Randers, and an E. Richards, who as a pokemon is
as classy as a ''Persian''. Super nice guy. So the apartment has some fun
times.

The past few days have been mostly for familiarizing myself with the
landscape and the areas we have to work in.  We were able to meet with our
bishop of the ward, and we asked what we could do best for the ward. He
told us to be happy, talk to the members on Sundays and share spiritual and
missionary experiences we were having in OUR area now. As we tell people
about them, it will get them excited about missionary work. He also had a
few names of people we could continue focusing on.

So in this area we seem to have a problem with ice paths. Sections of the
sidewalk that are totally iced over. There is a section right in front of
our house that we have to be super careful about. I've almost fallen twice.
Then there was this other path a while ago while we were on the way over to
the bishops house that was in the middle of this forest and totally iced
over. It would have been easier to walk off the path. My companion almost
crashed 3 times while on the phone with the Zone Leaders. Beware of ice
people.

Ok, story that I check off on my missionary experience boxes. Somebody
threatened to call the police on us the other day, while out knocking an
upgang. He was being all unreasonable, hateful and really didn't care what
we said in response. We finally just dropped him and left. I just can't
figure out those sort of people. What makes them so bitter inside to hate
us? (Probably Satan or the Jehovah's Witnesses.) Anyway, what he didn't
realize is that he would have totally lost legally because we have a
license to preach the gospel out here and the law supports it. Take that!
Its good to keep it on you at all times.

The Gladsaxe 1st ward is... a ward. Big. Biggest church building in Denmark
I think. About 100+ attend every week. Its just so crazy being in a big
ward after so long in small ones. I was actually way nervous at how well I
was going to be able to talk to everyone. Just engaging conversation and
getting to know people. Memorizing names and what not. If you don't make a
good impression the first few weeks, it can be really hard to get out of
the rut. Falling into the rut of bad habits and being content with
mediocre. I'm terrified of that. Settling for less then what I
should. We can go through the motions of a mission, and nothing really come
out of it. The more I put in, the more that will come out of it. I want to
get as much out of it as I can. We are really obligated to. A must. Its a
duty we have as servants of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Other then that, everything is good, and moving along fine. As we start
getting more momentum, we'll see more and more miracles as we go. They are
all around us. Just gotta have the faith to make them happen.  Count on it.
I expect them to. Don't know how, but I expect them to. :)
Anyway that's all.
Ældste T. Christensen

Hey Mom. Could you again send this email to other people? Thanks so much!
Forward it once to ..."Calvin Rowley" <calvin.rowley@myldsmail.net>, ''Alex
Martineau'' alexander.martineau@myldsmail.net, Addison Blair
addison.blair@myldsmail.net
and add this to it. "
Alex:Super great to hear you've got things rolling in your area. Intersing
observation about the Catholic church. Nailed that on the head. True
dedication to our Heavenly Father requires sacrifice. (And that doesn't
mean that annoying dog in the neighbors yard.) Oh, and in the picture you
sent with you at the desk, I see that little Pikachu to keep you
company. Nice move. Got the biggest smile when I spy ed that. I approve 100%
and then some.He must help you spell check and keep the CPU going when
blackouts occur! :)

Calvin:Got to emails before you did. Your testimony inspires me. Go baptize
the Pope! Woot!

Addison: I absolutely understand what you mean about noncommittal
investigators. We have more then our fair share of foreigners our here,
from Africa and other such locations. I could give my own rant on it, but
I'll save you the pain of it. Short to say, when they say they've read
about half the book of Mormon, but don't understand who Nephi is, you can
guess pretty quickly they haven't read at all or don't understand the
language they said they can read it in. As for your questions, do we have
to pay to use the bathroom here? Yes. In some places. It costs only the
equivalent of a quarter, but its super annoying. So that's why you
strategically figure out where the free bathrooms are. In my last area we knew
of 3. The Amager Central Mall, the Feilds shopping mall (biggest in
Scandinavia) and the Airport (It was in our area, and very close to where
we worked sometimes. Never needed to go there though.) As for rocking socks
off, they do wear socks here, but the fashion is to wear them with your
pants tucked into them. At least that's what I understand. Super weird.

and then another email to ..."Eric Van Blankenstein" <
eric.van.blankenstein@myldsmail.net>, "Jeremy Massey" <
jeremy.massey@myldsmail.net>,
and add this to it. '' Elders Van Blakenstein and Massey. You should email
me sometime. Or write. I'm curious how its going down there! Or up?

No comments:

Post a Comment