Monday, February 18, 2013


The subject line can adequately describe several of our days this week,
especially that one day when I was one splits.
There was a lot finding work going on, and so that can really do a number
on your feet. But I guess I should start at the beginning of the week with
all the cool stuff and whatnot.

The first big note of the week is that TRANSFER MADNESS IS BACK! OR WAS
BACK! We found out transfers on Tuesday and the A.P.'s were being pretty
tricky about it. First off, my companion was going nuts the days leading up
to it. Transfers seem to do that. Plus President has been dropping hints to
specific missionarys in the weeks leading up to it. Finally my companion
asked for a riddle from the A.P.'s (they are in our district) and they gave
him one. But it didn't make sense until we found out. They had sent
Transfers in the mail, instead of doing the normal calling spree. Tricky.
And the transfer news is... I'm moving! 0.0!!! I'm still in shock because I
thought that E. Singleton was heading out. Instead, he's the one staying
and training a new missionary. Exciting for him! He keeps saying he's glad
he's going to be done before the blitz of new missionarys hits the land,
because he says they will be a way immature generation. We'll see. I'm sure
he's right. There is a noticeable difference between people who have lived
on their own and those who haven't. So there will be some adjustments
needed.
Anyway, I said I was heading out of good old Amager. I'm going to miss it a
lot. I absolutely love it here. We've got a lot of potential, but I gues I'm
needed elsewhere. I've been transferred to the Ballerup 1 area, to the
Gladsaxe ward! I'm going to be with an Ældste McDonald. He was in the same
group as E. Arts, Dunshee and Singleton so that's interesting. Its going to
be in a 4 man apartment so party all the time. Its still the Sjælland and
København city so theres still a lot to do and see. I'll let you know how
things go.

Weird story. While we were in the Amager Central (a mall) going to the free
bathrooms, we saw a pair of Lord of the Ringish Elves in the lobby, all
dressed up and the works. Very strange to see, and upon closer observation,
(A sideways glance as we walked past trying not to make eye contact.) we
saw they were doing a advertising for a childrens role playing thing.
LARPing as its called. Random story.

Had a double splits of a sort this week. On onsdag, (wednesday) i had the
oppertunity to go on splits with Æ. Elsbury, my old MTC 3some comp! He
seems a lot the same as we parted, just more missionaryized. We did a lot
of contacting and hit the pavement hard. I came home so tired, and
satisfied. Very glad for my two good pairs of shoes. (Fun Fact: My
companion and I own the SAME brand of shoes right now. They rock, and hold
up fantastic. Jonsten and Murphy! Yea!)
The other splits was with E. Christensen. Yea, I was a little concerned if
people took too close of a look at our same nametags. I think that keeps us
from being permenent companions but it was fun this time. He had a cold, so
for lunch I made him some lemon tea. Being sick out here with any problem
is no fun at all.

Søndag was of note because of what we did. I gave a talk in church and
though I felt like my danish was sloppy, Æ. Singleton said he could totally
understand me and so did many of the members, so that's good.
As we were talking about members in the ward, he mentioned that the one of
the familys was sick today. So when we got home, we whipped up a batch of
suger cookies and headed out to drop them off. The live a fair distance
away. We knocked, one of the little sons answered. We gave him the cookies
and he said thanks and went back inside. (He looked tired at the time.) As
we were walking away after this very short exchange we heard the door open
and the mom call out to us. We turned back, and she called out her thanks.
So as we made our way home that dark night, our hearts were warmed with the
feeling of service. Æ. Singleton said it sorta clicked that thats the stuff
we needed to be doing. Showing the members we love them through small acts
of kindness. it will continue to help them feel more towards missionary
relations.
We also saw LOTS of airplanes flying off because it was right next to the
airport. Like one every 30 seconds. (Its in our area. They have free
bathrooms and is a good place to go in a emergency. Feel REALLY apostate
being there though...'' My companion told me a joke his old companion would
ask. He'd ask how far away he thought the plane was. Æ. Singleton gave him
an answer and his reply was '' I'd say that plane is only 14 months away!''
yea. Rather not think about it like that... hehehe.

We had a District Activity and that was super fun to chill with the
Distict. We went to one of the super old and big and beautiful churches. We
even got to go out on the sketky top and overlook all of Copenhagen. Æ.
King said something intersting. Something to the effect of, ''Copenhagen
has over 1 million people living in it right now. We have divided between
maybe 8 of us. Crazy huh?'' We then tried to go bowling, but every bowling
alley in Copenhagen was booked. (Its a Saturday go figure. Never though
Danes were very into bowling.) Anyway, our backup plan turned out to be
going to IKEA and getting 5 kr. ice cream. Worth it.
Anyway, that was most of what I've been up too.
My CPU is running out of time. My birthday has so far been great! Thanks to
all! Love you! One day older to the grave, think of all the food you'll
save!
Happy Birthday... to me? Is that vain?

Loves from Danmark!
Ældste Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment